Operations Assistant Role
Alpine Infusion has grown to become one of the most prominent chalet companies in the Three Valleys, the world’s largest ski area and one of the best resorts in Europe. Combining award-winning luxury accommodation with a 5-star service, we can provide the perfect setting for a break on the slopes during the summer and winter. We’re currently have Operations Assistant Roles available.
Each of our employees is carefully selected for their abilities in accordance with Alpine Infusion’s high standards and our resort teams have an unparalleled knowledge of the area. Each chalet is run by no less than four highly trained staff, giving us the highest staff-to-guest ratio in the Three Valleys providing our clients with a truly memorable holiday experience.
At Alpine Infusion we know that our staff are integral to what we do and each of our chalets has a dedicated and experienced team consisting of a manager, professionally trained chef, hostess, driver and assistant.
Operations Assistant Details
Job Title: Operations Assistant
Reports To: Chalet Manager
Location: Méribel and Courchevel, France
Number of people in role: 1 Operations Assistant per chalet
o Monthly salary paid into UK bank account
o Shared accommodation
o Food provided in staff accommodation
o Ski equipment provided for the season
o Three Valley Lift pass & Carte Neige – reimbursed upon completion of a successful season.
o Resort benefits and discounts
o Transport to and from UK to resort (on completion of season)
Hours of Work
o The season runs from mid/end of November until the end of April
o 5 day working week, hours to meet requirements of the business. Days off may be split into 1 full day and 2 half days.
Your Previous Experience
This position is at the forefront of the client’s holiday. Therefore, a candidate with excellent and professional interpersonal skills is needed. Previous experience of hospitality work is essential.
Previous experience working for different nationalities including Russian and French clients is desirable. Conversational French is an advantage. Previous experience of driving on mountain roads and in snow is desirable, but not essential. A full clean UK driving license is compulsory.
A well-presented team player with the ability to work independently, an eye for detail, proactive, excellent time management and organisational skills are mandatory.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Work begins at 7.30am with the commencement of general jobs including but not limited to:
a. Tidying the lounge areas before breakfast
b. Setting the table for breakfast
c. Serving and clearing away of breakfast
2. Responsibility of cleaning central areas of the chalet on a daily basis and helping the chalet hostess when required.
3. Evening service commences at 4.30pm. The evening jobs consist of but are not limited to:
a. Serving of après ski drinks to clients
b. Helping serve afternoon tea
c. Clearing away of afternoon tea
d. Assisting the hostess with laying of dinner table
e. Ensure that the guests have all that they need prior to departure
f. Once a week conduct shopping for the chalet
4. When children are staying in the chalet, they may require an earlier dinner time, therefore the table will need to be set with child utensils and dinner served at the appropriate earlier time.
5. The Operations Assistant is responsible for stock control of breakfast items in the chalet. You must notify the Chalet Manager with any order requirements.
6. On the Chef and Hostess days off the Operations Assistants form a team to provide cover for the chef and hostess. These tasks are alongside your normal routine and include but are not limited to:
a. Cooking breakfast
b. Cleaning of bedrooms and ensuites
c. Taking the clients to their restaurant of choice
7. Conduct airport transfers on changeover days, these may also be during the week and not always during sociable-hours and depending on the time of the transfer help other members of the team with the chalet changeover.
8. During the week you will be required to be on call 1 or 2 days out of 5 to provide a day-driver service for the clients in accordance with the day driver rota.
The Company reserves the right to vary your duties and responsibilities at any time and from time to time according to the needs of the Company’s business.
Work with us in the Three Valleys
If you want to join a close-knit chalet team in the world’s largest ski area, we have a number of roles available. Explore the rest of our current vacancies here.
For more information, and to apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to Lucy Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org.