Chalet Hostess Role
Alpine Infusion has grown to become one of the most prominent chalet companies in the Three Valleys, the world’s largest ski area and one of the best resorts in Europe. Combining award-winning luxury accommodation with a 5-star service, we can provide the perfect setting for a break on the slopes during the summer and winter. We are currently looking to fill chalet hostess roles for our ski accommodation in Méribel and Courchevel.
Alpine Infusion Profile
Each of our employees is carefully selected for their abilities in accordance with Alpine Infusion’s high standards and our resort teams have an unparalleled knowledge of the area. Each chalet is run by no less than four highly trained staff, giving us the highest staff-to-guest ratio in the Three Valleys providing our clients with a truly memorable holiday experience.
At Alpine Infusion we know that our staff are integral to what we do and each of our chalets has a dedicated and experienced team consisting of a manager, professionally trained chef, hostess, driver and assistant.
Job Details at a Glance
Job Title: Chalet Hostess
Reports To: Chalet Manager
Location: Méribel and Courchevel, France
Number of people in role: 1 hostess per chalet
o Monthly salary paid into UK bank account
o Shared accommodation
o Food provided in staff accommodation
o Ski equipment provided for the season
o Three Valley Lift pass & Carte Neige – reimbursed upon completion of a successful season.
o Resort benefits and discounts
o Transport to and from UK to resort (on completion of season)
Hours of Work
o The season runs from mid/end of November until the end of April
o 5 day working week, hours to meet requirements of the business. Days off may be split into 1 full day and 2 half days.
This position is at the forefront of the client’s holiday. Therefore, a candidate with excellent and professional interpersonal skills is needed. Previous experience of hospitality work is essential.
Previous experience working for different nationalities including Russian and French clients is desirable. Conversational French is an advantage.
A well-presented team player with the ability to work independently, an eye for detail, proactive, excellent time management and organisational skills are mandatory.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Work begins at 7.30am (earlier if required) with the commencement of general jobs including but not limited to:
a. Setting the table for breakfast
b. Serving and clearing away of breakfast
c. Ensuring that the napkins are ready for evening service
2. Responsibility of cleaning central areas of the chalet in addition housekeeping of bedrooms on a daily basis, including the ensuite bathrooms.
3. Evening service commences at 6pm. The evening jobs consist of but are not limited to:
a. Clearing away of afternoon tea
b. Serving of pre dinner drinks and canapés to clients
c. Laying of table for dinner
d. Ensure that the atmosphere is correct ready for dinner, lights dimmed, music is right for the mood of the evening
e. Ensure that the fire is kept lit
f. Serve dinner at 8pm (times can vary)
g. Responsible for clearing the table and loading the dishwasher
h. Ensure that the guests have all that they need prior to departure
4. When children are staying in the chalet, they may require an earlier dinner time, therefore the table will need to be set with child utensils and dinner served at the appropriate earlier time.
Cleaning and Changeover
5. The chalet linen, bath towels and bathrobes are externally laundered each week and it is the hostesses’ responsibility to bag and label it prior to collection and then store all returned linen in the appropriate laundry cupboards. Keep the laundry room and cupboard clean and tidy at all times.
6. On changeover days and with the assistance of other members of the team, clean and configure the entire chalet in preparation for incoming clients, jobs include but are not limited to:
a. Strip and remake beds
b. Clean all bedrooms and bathrooms
c. Lay out fresh towels and dressing gowns
d. Restock toiletries in bathrooms
e. Ensure that the table has been laid out for afternoon tea ready for guests’ arrival
f. Welcome guests when they arrive
The Company reserves the right to vary your duties and responsibilities at any time and from time to time according to the needs of the Company’s business.
Working in the Three Valleys
If you’re eager to work in an exciting hospitality role in the stunning Three Valleys region, please get in touch or browse the rest of our current vacancies here.
For more information, and to apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to Lucy Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org.