Alpine Infusion has grown to become one of the most prominent chalet companies in the Three Valleys, the world’s largest ski area and one of the best resorts in Europe. Combining award-winning luxury accommodation with a 5-star service, we can provide the perfect setting for a break on the slopes during the summer and winter. We are currently accepting applicants for our driver roles to service our exquisite ski chalets in Méribel and Courchevel.
Each of our employees is carefully selected for their abilities in accordance with Alpine Infusion’s high standards and our resort teams have an unparalleled knowledge of the area. Each chalet is run by no less than four highly trained staff, giving us the highest staff-to-guest ratio in the Three Valleys providing our clients with a truly memorable holiday experience.
At Alpine Infusion we know that our staff are integral to what we do and each of our chalets has a dedicated and experienced team consisting of a manager, professionally trained chef, hostess, driver and assistant.
Job Title: Driver
Reports To: Chalet Manager
Location: Méribel and Courchevel, France
Number of people in role: 1 driver per chalet
o Monthly salary dependent on experience paid into UK bank account
o Shared accommodation
o Food provided in staff accommodation
o Ski equipment provided for the season
o Three Valley Lift pass & Carte Neige – reimbursed upon completion of a successful season.
o Resort benefits and discounts
o Transport to and from UK to resort (on completion of season)
Hours of Work
o The season runs from mid/end of November until the end of April
o 5 day working week, hours to meet requirements of the business. Days off may be split into 1 full day and 2 half days.
This position is at the forefront of the client’s holiday. Therefore, a candidate with excellent and professional interpersonal skills is needed. Previous experience of driving on mountain roads and in snow is desirable, but not essential. A full clean UK driving license is compulsory. A team player and the ability to work independently, with an eye for detail, proactive, excellent time management and organisational skills are mandatory.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Work begins at 7.30am with the commencement of general jobs including but not limited to:
a. Snow clearing of balconies, pathways and vehicles.
b. Restocking of the bar
c. Cleaning and relaying of the fireplace
d. Removal of any waste disposal to the appropriate locations
2. During each morning breakfast service, communicating with guests to see when they would like to depart for skiing. Putting the appropriate ski equipment in the vehicles ready for their departure, then driving the clients to whichever in-resort ski point they wish to depart from. (Until 11am).
3. Evening service commences at 4.30pm. The evening jobs include but are not limited to:
a. Collecting clients from après ski and fulfilling any other driving requirements they may have (until 7.30pm)
b. Tidying boot room to ensure all shoes are on heaters
c. Heating the mulled wine
d. Lighting fire
e. Assisting hostess with serving drinks
4. It is the driver’s responsibility for the chalet pool/Jacuzzi facilities, including any cleaning or maintenance (e.g. checking of the PH balance)
5. Minor chalet maintenance tasks e.g. changing of light bulbs. Notifying the chalet manager of any maintenance issues.
6. Responsibility of the Chalet vehicles this consists of but is not limited to:
a. Ensuring that the vehicles are clean and free from any rubbish at all times, including a full valet of vehicles prior to changeover day
c. Checking of windscreen wiper wash, oil etc.
d. Ensuring that the snow chains are functional and in order
7. Responsibility of the collection and return of the guest’s ski equipment from the ski hire shops prior to their arrival, this also includes any mid week change requests. In addition, ensure clients ski and snowboard hire equipment is checked and regulated.
8. Conduct airport transfers on changeover days, these may also be during the week and not always during sociable-hours and depending on the time of the transfer help other members of the team with the chalet changeover.
9. During the week you will be required to be on call 1 or 2 days out of 5 to provide a day-driver service for the clients in accordance with the day driver rota.
The Company reserves the right to vary your duties and responsibilities at any time and from time to time according to the needs of the Company’s business.
Working with Alpine Infusion
Are you eager to work in the heart of the Three Valleys? Explore the rest of our current vacancies here.
For more information, and to apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to Lucy Fisher at email@example.com