Chalet Manager Role
Alpine Infusion has grown to become one of the most prominent chalet companies in the Three Valleys, the world’s largest ski area and one of the best resorts in Europe. Combining award-winning luxury accommodation with a 5-star service, we can provide the perfect setting for a break on the slopes during the summer and winter. We are currently looking for an experienced chalet manager to join our team.
Each of our employees is carefully selected for their abilities in accordance with Alpine Infusion’s high standards and our resort teams have an unparalleled knowledge of the area. Each chalet is run by no less than four highly trained staff, giving us the highest staff-to-guest ratio in the Three Valleys providing our clients with a truly memorable holiday experience.
At Alpine Infusion we know that our staff are integral to what we do and each of our chalets has a dedicated and experienced team consisting of a manager, professionally trained chef, hostess, driver and assistant.
Job Title: Chalet Manager
Reports To: Operations Manager
Location: Courchevel/Méribel, France
Number of manager roles available: 4
o Monthly salary paid into UK bank account
o Own room in a shared accommodation
o Excellent food allowance budget
o Ski equipment provided for the season
o Three Valley Lift pass & Carte Neige – reimbursed upon completion of a successful season
o Resort benefits and discounts
o Transport to and from UK to resort (on completion of season)
Hours of Work
o The season runs from the start of November until the end of April
o 5 day working week, hours to meet requirements of the business. Days off may be split into 1 full day and 2 half days.
A front of house based role that is vital to the clients pre holiday requests, ensuring that our clients have the best possible stay. Therefore, a candidate with excellent and proficient IT skills, along with professional interpersonal skills is needed.
Managing a team of five therefore, previous managerial experience is advantageous. Previous experience working for different nationalities including Russian and French clients is desirable. Conversational and written French is a must.
A team player with the ability to work independently, an eye for detail, proactive, excellent time management and organisational skills are mandatory.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Alongside the Client Manger – collation and management of the chalets client booking information and dissemination to company personnel. This includes but is not exclusive to;
o All pre-arrival information
o Transfer planning and organising outsourcing if required
o Chalet configurations
o Client dietary requirements
o Ski and Snowboard equipment hire
o Booking of additional activities e.g. ski lessons, snow-shoeing etc.
2. Purchase and management of any additional client lift passes.
3. Manage the chalet in all respects inclusive of upkeep, maintenance and stock controls.
4. Manage the chalet staff in every aspect of their job roles.
5. Conduct chalet welcome speech ensuring all dietary requirements are checked and any requests for the week are accommodated for accordingly.
6. Provide assistance to other members of the chalet team with standard morning duties (7.30am to 11am) and standard afternoon duties (4.30pm to pre-dinner Champagne & canapés) each day.
7. Be flexible and available to cover different chalet job roles should this be required.
8. Conduct airport transfers as and when required, which may not always be during sociable hours.
9. Assist with chalet changeovers as and when required.
10. Control and administration of the chalet petty cash fund.
11. Alongside the Client and Operations Managers, planning and organising transfers for clients on changeover days.
12. Assist with chalet changeovers as and when required.
The Company reserves the right to vary your duties and responsibilities at any time and from time to time according to the needs of the Company’s business.
Discover the rest of our current vacancies here.
For more information, and to apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to Lucy Fisher at email@example.com.
How can we help
Discover the ultimate luxury
To request a tailor-made recommendation, book a holiday or for more information about our luxury chalets in Courchevel and Meribel, please contact us using the form below.